Saturday, November 21, 2009

Second Craft Fair: Part 1

This was day one of a two day fair. It was a big difference from my first fair. First off, I was a bit more organized. Although I was more organized, and it was a HUGE fair (over 80 vendors), I sold 2/3 less than what I did at my first fair. From what I saw and heard a lot of people did poorly, and some people sold NOTHING! So I guess I did pretty good compared to others.

I bought myself two little dollies that have a plastic carton on the bottom. I found them in Wal-Mart for less than $20.00. This helped me limit my trips back and forth to the car. I also only used one jewelry case, instead of three. I packed my earrings in plastic bags, on homemade earring cards with the lips on the back so I could just take them out of the bag and hang them up. It save a lot of time.

I really have no special hints or tips, because I wasn't very busy, so I learned no real lessons. I did hear that a few vendors are not showing up tomorrow because they did so poorly, so hopefully tomorrow more people will show up, and enjoy my jewelry!

I met a great artist (her table was next to mine). She's another jeweler, and I learned a lot from her. It was really refreshing talking with someone in the same line.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment