Sunday, November 22, 2009

Second Craft Fair: Part 2


Today marks the end of my second craft fair. Here's a picture of my tables - since the ladies the day before decided not to come back.




I didn't do well (again), but I believe I did better than some of the other jewelers. There was not a lot of traffic. It really stunk that I wasn't in the main area, although I hear some of those people didn't do well at all. I did get a lot of compliments, and some people took my card for to have custom pieces made. I don't know if it was the economy, or if it was just a bad weekend all together. I really don't know what more I learned today, except make sure you have things that are lower priced that the parents can buy for the kids. My big sellers were my lanyards and eyeglass necklaces along with the seed bead memory bracelets. Those were some of my cheapest items as well. I'm just going to try and stay positive and try again at my next craft fair in two weeks. Wish me luck!!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I've never done a craft fair at all, so I have no advice, but I wanted to wish you luck at your next one! Hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck! I don't know what the secret recipe is for a good craft fair-sometimes they are awesome and sometimes they're not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, at most craft fairs it seems like my cheapest items are the biggest sellers as well, but in the stores it is the more expensive ones, go figure! I have decided that craft fairs in general are not worth it - focus on getting your stuff in lots of stores, and making your etsy shop as good as it can be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry it didn't go well for you. It's always a learning experience. If you learned nothing else, you know not to do this show again next year. It's always a good idea to have different price points. I've found my lower priced items have saved the day both shows I've done this year.

    ReplyDelete