Sunday, February 14, 2010

Foredom Flex Shaft Fun

I really want to start making chainmail. It looks so beautiful! My Mom wants a bracelet that honors my son, and plans to wear it until he returns from Afganistan. I thought chainmail would be the perfect thing to make her! So another purchase - another expensive purchase, but again, I hope to get my return someday :). When I got my pepe jump ring maker in the mail I was so excited. I got the one that came with the foredom flex shaft. The instructions said to take apart the flex shaft and re-assemble it, so I did. I set everything up and turned the drill on, but the saw wouldn't cut the rings. BUMMER! It took two days, and some wonderful people from Etsy (especially http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheSpeeceCollection). As it turns out, when I had reassembled the thing WRONG -- Well, after all was done, I had JUMP RINGS!!! WOO HOO!





The is the pepe jump ring maker. A coil is complete on the rod.



Some coils ready to be cut.



Copper and Brass jump rings complete and ready to use!

All in all, once I got it figured out, it only took about 10 minutes to make about 500 jump rings! Amazing, and a huge cost saver! I look forward to start the chain mail. Comments and hints/tips/suggestions are welcome!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment