Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My Reads: The Pact

I finished reading The Pact today, and really don't know how to explain how I feel about it. I think the author portrayed Emily and Chris too much like adults in their relationship. I know it was supposed to be them being soul mates and kindred spirits etc, but it just seemed they were way too mature for my liking. It was a good story, but felt something was lacking in giving the family any type of closure for Emily's death, although I guess in real life it is that way, it was a book of fiction, so I would have liked them to have some sort of closure. I got the feeling the author kinda left Chris in the dust, with me wondering what became of his life, but maybe that was her intent as well. I'm not sure if it was a happy ending or sad ending. I just can't get my grip on it.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment